Experienced Home Builder in Middle Georgia
Building your dream home is an exciting adventure! You likely have many questions about the process, and Scott Construction is here to make it easy for you.
We’ve built beautiful custom and craftsman homes since 2017, and our founder Will Scott boasts more than 10 years of experience in all aspects of the construction industry.
You can trust our experienced team to manage your custom home construction project from start to finish while keeping you informed every step of the way.
What’s the Process of Building a Custom Home?
- Create Drawings & Plans
- Before we start the process, we need to get your ideas on paper! Our team will connect you with talented local architects that we regularly work with and vouch for in quality and excellence. Some of our customers already have a preferred architect for designing their custom home, and we’re happy to coordinate with them on the project design.
- Construction Estimate
- Based on the drawings and plans for your new home, our team creates an estimate for the home construction cost and general timeline. We can offer suggestions for excellent finishes for your home and connect you with local showrooms to select cabinetry, countertops, floors, and more.
- Loan Acquisition
- After you have a construction estimate in hand, you can obtain a loan to meet your needs. We’ll provide you with any construction documentation needed to streamline the process with a lender.
- Permits Obtained and Construction Begins
- Our team has built homes throughout Middle Georgia and is experienced working with local zoning boards and government bodies to ensure your project gets off the ground quickly. Once we obtain the necessary permits, construction can begin!
- Construction Progress Updates
- Throughout the construction process, Scott Construction uses high-quality labor and diligently schedules subcontractors to streamline the project. As the construction project manager, we ensure everything is on track for on-time and on-budget completion. We work hard to stay one step ahead to keep construction flowing smooth. If there are any changes to the project that impact your budget, we always ask for your approval before moving forward. You won’t have any surprise bills during the process! You can expect regular communication, updates, and site tours.
- Final Walkthrough & Move-in!
- This is the day you’ve been waiting for! Once construction is complete, we will walk you through the entire property and ensure everything was completed according to your specifications. Once we complete any final additions, you’re ready to move in!